1997-2003 f-150 abs Module Replacement actions & Diagnostics
The ABS module is an electrical an equipment mounted atop the hydraulic control unit that activates the ABS pump and also actuates the various solenoids because that the anti-lock brake system. As the brains of the ABS system, a fail of or error within the module will result in an ABS light gift illuminated top top the dash in enhancement to setting retrievable DTCs regarded the ABS system. ABS system diagnostics are somewhat cumbersome in the faults are regularly intermittent and the resource of the problems difficult to isolate.
ABS Module Diagnostics
The very first step in diagnosing one ABS DTC (or illuminated ABS light) is come ensure the the ABS module is receiving power. Check the ABS fuse(s); they different by version year, however are figured out in your owner manual. If a blown fuse is discovered replace the fuse, remove any type of stored DTCs, and also test the vehicle. Likewise verify that the ABS module connectors space secured and that the wiring harness is not damaged. If you space receiving a DTC concerned a wheel speed sensor, verify the these connectors space secure and not damaged.
If you space receiving lot of DTCs because that the ABS system, the ABS module is likely the problem. However, if you are receiving a solitary code for a details wheel rate sensor or rear differential speed sensor, 보다 the sensor is most likely the cause of your ABS mechanism troubles. It is very unlikely that all the wheel speed sensors would certainly fail at the very same time, yet all the takes is one faulty sensor to throw the entire system turn off course. C1185 is a typical code received once an ABS module fails, and it may be attach by several additional DTCs due to the fact that the mechanism is unable to isolation the problem.
Ford F-150 ABS Module instead of Procedures
Click any type of thumbnail to see high resolution full-size image with details
• Disconnect the an unfavorable battery terminal.
• The ABS manage module is located on the driver next beneath the air filter housing. That is an installed to the optimal of the ABS hydraulic unit. Remove the wait filter and also any added items to gain access to the manage module. Alternatively, that is also accessible by removing the driver side inner fender.
• The ABS module has actually (2) electric connectors; a big chassis harness connector and a little connector feeding the ABS hydraulic unit.
• The large chassis harness connector attributes a slide lock. To remove, traction the slide lock in the direction of the passenger next of the automobile while pulling the connector covering outwards far from the ABS module.
You are watching: Where is the abs sensor located on a f150
• together the slide lock is withdrawn, the connector will travel in the direction of the former of the auto in one motion. Position the connector aside to avoid damages while removing the module.
• The 2nd electrical connector is located on the side the module and also connects it come the ABS pump/hydraulic unit. Merely disengage the locking tang and pull downwards come remove.
• remove the (4) bolts securing the ABS module come the ABS pump/hydraulic unit through a T20 Torx driver.
• closely pull the ABS module straight upwards to separate it from the ABS pump/hydraulic unit. Covering the exposed solenoids to safeguard from dust/debris intrusion.
• surroundings of the brand-new ABS module is reverse. Be sure to soil yourself and discharge any kind of static electricity before handling the replacement module.
• as an optional step, we extremely recommend replacing the ABS fuse and/or relay. The place of these items have the right to be found in your owners manual.
See more: How Do I Know What Year Is My John Deere Snowblower Serial, How Do I Know What Year My Mtd Snowblower Is
barisalcity.org is not affiliated v nor endorsed by Ford Motor firm or any kind of manufacturer stated herein, unless explicitly noted otherwise.