Algebra 1 aid » Percents » Fractions and also Percentage » just how to find percentage indigenous a portion

If Jessica gained 2 out of 20 concerns wrong ~ above her many recent math quiz, what percent go she gain correct? 


Explanation:

Since she gained 2 the end of 20 incorrect, us can very first figure out the percent incorrect. We have the right to either discover the decimal because that 2/20, or make 2/20 a portion with 100 in the denominator. In this case, it is simpler to execute the latter. We have to multiply 20 by 5 to gain 100, for this reason we multiply 2 through 5 to get 10. Then, we have that 2/20 is indistinguishable to 10/100. She lost 10 percent on her math quiz, leaving her v a score of 90%.

You are watching: What percentage is 13 out of 17

*

10/100 = 10% wrong

(100%) – (10% wrong) = 90% right


Which the the following represents the fraction

*
together a percentage?


Explanation:

We require to set up a relationship to convert our fraction to x/100.

*

Cross multiply.

(1)(100) = (8)(x)

100 = 8x

Divide both sides by 8.

(100)/8 = (8x)/8

100/8 = x

Simplify.

100/8 = 25/2 = 12.5

Our price is 12.5%.


*


*


*


*


A dice was rolling

*
 times and also landed ~ above the number "
*
"
*
 times. What percent of the time was the result a number other than
*
?


Explanation:

Here, the most necessary step is to know what the concern is asking.

A "

*
" was rolled
*
 of a complete of
*
 times, however the inquiry is asking around numbers other than 
*
.

A number other than

*
 was rolled
*
 times of the complete
*
.

Now, the last step is to transform

*
 into a percent. Since
*
 is a lot of of
*
, that is a quick conversion.
*
 is same to
*
 and the price is
*
.


A very huge bag is filled with marbles.

*
of the bag is filled with red marbles. One more
*
of the bag is filled v blue marbles. The remainder of the bag is filled through yellow marbles. What percentage of the bag is filled with yellow marbles?


Explanation:

First, friend must find what portion of the bag is filled through yellow marbles. We know that

*
that the bag filled v red marbles and also
*
the the bag is filled through blue marbles. So, the fraction of the bag filled with yellow marbles should equal to

*

or

*

Next, you convert

*
come a percentage, which is 25%.


Jamie ate

*
that a pizza because that lunch and also
*
that the same pizza later on for dinner. What percent of the pizza is left uneaten?


Explanation:

Jamie ate

*
the a pizza for lunch and also
*
that the very same pizza because that dinner. To transform a portion to a percentage, friend simply convert the fraction so that the denominator is 100. So, Jamie ate 
*
that the pizza for lunch and 
*
the the pizza because that dinner. Due to the fact that the denominator of this fractions is 100, the numerator is its portion equivalent. Thus, Jamie ate 25% of the pizza because that lunch and 20% for dinner for a total of 45% of the pizza. 55% that the pizza remains uneaten.


Billy empties his pockets and also finds some change. He find 2 quarters, 4 dimes, 5 nickels and 9 pennies. What percent of the coins space nickels?


Explanation:

First, we can uncover out the proportion of coins that are nickels. So, we understand there are 5 nickels and also we deserve to count there are 20 coins full

*

So over there are 

*
coins that are nickels. Yet the concern asks for the percentage. To uncover the percentage, we have the right to just uncover our answer as a decimal value fairly than a fraction. 보다 multiply by 100%. So,
*

Thus our answer is 25%.


A college student took a test and got 13 the end of 20 inquiries correct. What percentage of questions did this student obtain correct?


Explanation:

We deserve to mathematically write "13 out of 20" together a fraction.

*

We can convert this come a percent by setup up a proportion.

*

Cross multiply and solve because that

*
.

See more: Airport Closest Major Airport To Tucson Az, Nearest Major Airport To Tucson, Arizona

*

*

*

So, the student got

*
the the inquiries correct.

 


Explanation:

To find the percent, first, set up the portion as a long division problem whereby the 1 is placed inside the dividend and 8 is put in the divisor: